Yep, complete idiots. They are trying to eradicate the virus completely by shutdown controls - saw on the news today, not sure who the state official was, that he said that it would be a world class feat if the virus could be completely stopped here. They're looking for some sort of self gratifying badge of honour at the cost of the country's economy. I think the politicians realise that they won't be in government as the repair to the economy takes place, but will go on to claim all the lives that they saved while they made the decisions.

"Tin hat" time: It wouldn't surprise me if we see another bout of widespread shutdowns before Christmas and then also early next year. Those morons need to sit down and do an economic assessment - cost versus potential lives saved. Terrible as it may sound, It's just part of a risk assessment - people die, and the likelihood and cost factors into it. There is a low level of risk where a certain number of people die that is acceptable. How much do we spend to save cancer patients, how much have we lost to save potential COVID victims - I'll bet COVID wins in that comparison.

And QLD Labour's election campaign propaganda now includes "saving lives to ensure faster economic recovery" - I doubt it! They are hurting the younger people by increasing unemployment and having them withdraw their superannuation to try and stay in the black. The young people are the future economic rebuilders, and the Aussie state governments are doing all they can to cripple them.

And our media stir the fear pot by making out that the increasing number of positive COVID cases in Europe are doom reappearing, yet if they looked at the corresponding death rates they would see that it's a non event - the bulk of those susceptible were taken during the first run.

This pandemic has really been kind of embarrassing - statistically it's like a really bad flu, and doesn't compare to the other earlier flu versions that many more people and age groups were susceptible to.

Rant over.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?