Originally Posted by BountyHunter
I just had an interesting discussion with gun rights game warden. He has been building his own suppressors using the NFA Form 1 process (ie building a suppressor). He gets approval back in less than 30 days or much less sometimes, not the months or years as approval for complete suppressors.

Plus all the parts are readily available online at greatly reduced prices. You can build a suppressor for 1/3 the price of commercial ones. He uses a simple purchased jig, drill press or even handheld drill to finish the cups/baffles and that was the only thing needed other than taking the tube to be engraved. As long as no other parts in the tube, it is not an NFA item and anyone can do the engraving. Everything comes pre threaded so no other machining needed.

Spent some time looking online and he is correct, all the parts are there for titanium, stainless steel or aluminum suppressor tubes, end caps and baffles to include quick attachment mounts. All sizes to include modular setups.

I might have to order a couple set ups and submit my form 1.

I agree, it is a very logical way to go.

A couple of friends of mine are machinists... I have pre 41F suppressors that they asked to measure for the purpose of cloning.

They will build the suppressor while the form one is being completed. It is not very complicated.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.