Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
The Monarch Gold series featured perhaps the best scopes Nikon ever built. They are extremely well-made and both rugged and reliable, not to mention superb for low-light applications, which is what they were designed expressly for. In fact, they offered these with a nice #4 reticle as an option. An acquaintance of mine has the 2.5-10x50/#4 and has used it for moonlight leopard in Africa -- and said it worked perfectly for his applications.

I don't doubt that as I have taken hogs in moonlight with one as well.

I've used and abused Nikon scopes for many years and never had an issue, though I do not care for the cheaper package scopes that came on certain new rifles and wasn't enamored with the original ProStaff series, either.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Exactly. One thing id mention is Nikon will no longer warrant their scopes, since they are no longer in business. This has a direct impact on the value of their optics. Id venture to say the scope is only worth 1/2 what it would have if they were still in business.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA