You didn't say what size blanket you're looking for, nor the size or your price range, but this one would be hard to beat:

Witney? Excellent Quality Wool Blanket

Good deal on this Hudson's Bay 8-Point, but still expensive:

Hudson's Bay Blanket

This one's nice too:

John Atkinson Blanket

You might also check out flea bay. There's lots of good new and used Hudson's Bay, Pendleton, military and other quality wool blankets for decent prices. Look for Earlys of Witney blankets too - they're rather nice.

Filson makes a real nice 26 oz Mackinaw blanket as well.

Filson Blanket

Among my many blankets is this gem: Bulgarian Military Blanket, which is incredibly thick and soft, but it's not very big, good price, though.

Keep in mind that all these wool blankets are very warm and it needs to be pretty 'gol-danged cold or else you'll bake under may of these blankets.

I don't know if any of these are dog-proof and you didn't say what kind of dog you have. I wouldn't think dogs would like munching on wool too much, but if you have a Lab, all bets are off.

Last edited by High_Noon; 10/18/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue