Originally Posted by MAC
I grew up in CO and that area was some of my favorite hunting and fishing country. Sad to hear it is burning but I'm not surprised the whole state isn't on fire. Last time I was there I was shocked to see thousands of acres of standing dead timber all over the state. When I was growing up they logged the dead timber off but with all the displaced fools from CA that have moved in I guess those days are done. It will probably burn until the snow falls.

Most of the beetle kill trees didn't have much commercial value when they were green, and of course less when they are dead. USFS is begging to have those trees commercially harvested, but most of the that beetle kill timber is for niche kind of lumber. Beetle kill T&G lumber is gorgeous on ceilings and walls.......

Also, the most flammable and hottest burning trees are the green needles when they have low moisture content. They are practically explosive. Red needle and dead trees can't have crown fires, and don't burn as hot.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.