When I do tow, it's 16-17K total load (truck,horse trailer,slide in camper), but I also use my 2019 a Duramax as an everyday driver. I am on my2nd diesel. First was a 98 Dodge 2500. I drove it 20 years and put about $15K in repairs. 3 injector pumps, clutch, clutch hydraulic actuator assy, and much more. Last repair was $6K. Blew a head gasket clogged up the entire cooling system which require a new radiator water pump, hoses, heater core. Head had to be shaved,complete valve job. Then had to have the turbo rebuilt and after market compression brake reworked. It had 155,000 miles on it.I sold it to a fellow on here .Only trouble he has had so far is losing 5th gear.That common problem when the nut works loose.

The total GVRW on the Doge was 16,500 IIRC, the Chevy is 23K. It pulls 10 k passes in 4-5 th gear without a hiccup ( 6 sp Allison)

I bought the Chey as it still had a true 6.5 bed (camper fit then). Dodge cut theirs to 6'-3". I bought the full extended warranty for $3K since injector pump alone cost almost that much including labor to replace.

Figure I will be dead or not need large truck before the warranty runs out.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles