Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Hancock27
60 Gr Nosler Partition was specifically designed for "big game" and the 223. I trust Noslers, However, having shot exactly one deer with a 223 (My son has killed 2) it's not a suitable round, IMO.

Did you shoot a deer with a Partition? I load them for my grandson. I suspect he killed 15 or so deer with it in 223. Most of them were bang flops. Most were complete pass through. All of them wrecked the innards. I now load for his 22-250. The 64g Nosler Bonded bullets give similar results. These are smallish coastal deer where mature does weigh 120 or so. He did hit a few decent bucks. They died pretty too.

Uhhhhh....yeah.Ive killed scores of deer and deer sized critters with a .223 and a variety of bullets ( bullets intended for the purpose, not varmint bullets) and literally cannot see a difference in how quick they succumb with the .223 versus an '06

A great many people continue to think it is inadequate and invariably they have zero experience with the round on deer, or very little at best. Its like me constantly degrading the .270...in truth I have never fired,let alone owned one! laugh

What’s the max distance for the 223 with a proper bullet? My 1-8” shoot 75 eld-m very well.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001