I made one on a long action, years ago. I shot the barrels out of two of them, then went 22/250 AI, really got tired of trimming brass every firing and super thick necks with brass flow into the necks.
Today, I would be all over a 22 Creed from the great brass that is available, cut half the threads off that Rem take off and chamber to the 22 Creed.

I hunted coyotes with the Swift, shot out multiple barrels with 52g Sierra at 3800 with IMR 4064, and later on shot the 50g Sierra spt at 4000 with 44.5g of AA2700 which is almost a uniformly accepted load for swifts as sub 1/2" groups abound.

As my swifts got long in the throat, I went to a 55g Sierra semi point which is very jump tollerant, then the 63g sierra. AA2700 is one of the coolest burning powders on the market, and you really notice the lack of throat wear vs IMR 4064, Varget, or R#15 which the Swift loves.

So, if you are stuck with the Swift option, run the long action, you will love all the magazine room. If you run into feeding problems, contact me and I will give you the solutions.

Good luck