My friends wife needs some help valuing at Toyota Tacoma. Belongs to her husband who has OCD to the 10th degree but makes extremely rash decisions that cost money. She is going to try and talk some sense into him.

He is thinking about a new truck but due to OCD wants to spend $1200 to repaint the fiberglass cap that has minor fading on top, spend another $1000 on tires that do not need replacing etc to the tune of $5k of what he thinks need to be done before selling. He thinks it must be showroom perfect before he can sell it. Go figure. He got a bug to buy a hot rod last year and decided he had to sell his 1965 matching numbers vette convertible that he had not driven in 29 years. Value was $25k but he told first guy that looked at it he would sell it that day for $14K and of course he bought it. I can see him spending $5k to fix it perfect and then selling for $8 as he wants it gone that day. He has zero patience when he decides to do something.

It is a 2002 tacamo single owner, limited model, full size 4 dr, 4wheel drive with TRD off road package, AT/AC 170,000 miles, power everything, new frame with all new suspension, brakes, brake lines etc by toyota 2 years ago, etc. Meticuosly maintained only by Toyota with all services done on or before schedule. Seats not torn, slight wear only. Never off roaded. He got a small scratch on bumper and had to replace the bumper so absolutely never wrecked, no dents and dings etc. Never run in saltwater. He is 73 years and the speed limit is something to be 10mph under. I hate riding with him.

Can someone give me a good ball park on ranges for price. I am thinking mayb $11k low end and has high as $14-15K for this clean a truck maintained like it is.

No it is not for sale today and is in Wilmington NC so do not email me to buy it. WHEN it becomes available I might post it here too.

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10/21/20.