On a whim, I just ordered a Pedersoli Mortimer .54 Cal Flintlock from Midway. They had exactly one and it was on sale for 1,200.00. Dixie Gun Works is asking 1,600 for the same rifle so I think I did alright price wise. The only thing that concerns me is Midway does not offer returns on blackpowder firearms but it was worth a 400 dollar risk I suppose.

I've been wanting a .54 cal flintlock for awhile, and this one looked appealing. It has to be better than the current crop of Lyman Great Plains Rifles. Last fall I had ordered one of those and sent it back due to looking like an angry beaver put it together. Nothing like my old .50GPR that I dolled up with an L&R lock. On the Mortimer, the lack of double set triggers didn't excite me, but we'll see how the trigger is...

I've got everything I need on hand to shoot it so that is always a plus...Any of you guys own one of these things? It looked pretty nice and will be a nice addition for the PA flintlock season. Only drawback might be is that its a little heavy, but it does have sling swivels.