Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by cooper57m
If you like wheated bourbons have you tried?: Larceny, Maker's Mark 46, 1792 Sweet Wheat, or Rebel Yell? Don't get caught up in all the Buffalo Trace Distillery hype (they are good at it tho). They are good but not all that special. There are a lot of really good and available bourbons out there. If you already haven't, try some of the Wild Turkey products like 101, Rare Breed, Russell's Reserve 10 yr or Single Barrel. Also, Old Forester 1910 & 1920, Knob Creek Single Barrel, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Single Barrel, Four Roses Single Barrel, Jack Daniel's Barrel Proof Single Barrel. If you like your bourbon light and not too spicy, try Yellowstone Select. Use this time of Buffalo Trace product scarcity due to hysteria and super-hype to explore other quality offerings and expand your palate's horizons. I used to drink Weller Special Reserve and Antique 107 when they were on the shelf in the $20-30 range. When they went crazy as "The Poor Man's Pappy" and the prices zoomed up I went looking elsewhere. I don't miss them and have about 15 different bourbons, ryes and single malt scotch in my cabinet that I thoroughly enjoy. I just had a Rare Breed bourbon and the new Rare Breed Rye tonight and really enjoyed them.

I recently found the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof at my local retailer, and it's a new favorite of mine... A bit high at $28+ but not out of the park high..

Sheeeit Lee, can't even get standard Jim Beam up here for those $$.

White label Beam $31
Turkey 101 $33
Bulleit $36
Knob Creek $48
Woodford Reserve $49
Basil Hayden $56

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"