Originally Posted by comerade
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator
I've never used mono copper round, but they seem to be the future. I've had good experiences on game with partitions. Wondering if it's worth trying a switch. (280 rem)

I've read reviews of copper laser-beaming through whitetail, but will it plow through really heavy bone? Any real world comparisons would be much appreciated.

Barnes will tell you to move your target forward ,to the shoulder.

Barnes TTSX and LRX will plow through bone much better than typical cup-and-core bullets' of the same weight.

If "beaming through" a whitetail means failing to expand, I've not seen this problem with any tipped X bullet, whether MRX, TTSX or LRX. Entry and exit holes are often smaller but the damage to internals has been more than enough in every case I've seen them used. No lost game, 50% straight-down DRT results with only one animal going more than a few steps in the experience of my family. The one exception was an antelope I shot with a 100g TTSX on the run and hit it a bit further back than intended. It ran about 15 or 20 yards.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.