Good point on the H-S Precision.
I have a few of the H-S Precision stocks and have no complaints with those either.

I have a couple of the newer ones on Ruger rifles in 375 Ruger and 416 Ruger.

A couple of older ones on M70 Classics with 2 piece bottom metal. One is a 416 Remington (was a re-barrel from 375 H&H) and a 300 Winchester.

I am actually considering ordering another for a M70 Classic in 338 Winchester. They or probably any of the aluminum bedding block types are not lightweights. But, that is not a huge issue for me on the rifles that I have them on.

The Rugers, if I recall correctly, after bedding, came in about an ounce less weight than the factory Hogue. Those seemed to be a good off the shelf fit. I ordered directly from H-S Precision. I had the Decelerator pads added, specific length of pull, and paint.
I have heard some say their standard recoil pad might be a bit stiff for harder recoilers.
I do like McMillans. But, the wait times were beginning to wear on me. This nudged me to ordering M70 Classic WSM stocks from B&C. Then H-S began making Ruger stocks and I went with them.
The H-S Precision Ruger stocks, I like a lot on the 375 and 416 Rugers. But I would prefer a slimmer fore end on lesser calibers. The M70 H-S’s seem fine to me.

Last edited by ldmay375; 10/23/20.