Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
40 is better than 10, Albert....but good luck, Blue Dot is a great option, I have BD loads for 223, 22BR and Fireball. All are excellent, quiet and cool, perfect for sage ratting.

Ken -- as SF says, they will not. The gassing runs out by the time you hit the gas port, I tried it and the bolt just barely flashes a little brass before it reseats.

I suppose it would be "possible" to have a custom AR, mill/swiss cheese the bolt carrier down to next to nothing, have a lightweight return spring. I've been thinking about doing that with a "parts gun" or pile of parts, also thinking about similar work in order to make a Fireball AR. But it's not that much of a priority. First I need to build an AR that is worthy of the title "Varminter." Not there yet.

You said it Dave, All are excellent, quiet and cool, perfect for sage ratting. Even with mild blue dot loads I've had to stop and let my barrel cool where the little devils were out by the thousands. Another thing I like is the reduced noise and recoil don't fatigue me when the shooting is long strings of non stop.