Originally Posted by oldotter
Last weekend went to the range for the sighting in of the Savage 220 bolt action 20 gage slug gun. Always use the 2 3/4 Remington Accutips. As in the last 6 years, it was dead on. The Nikon slug hunter scope hasn't needed to be touched since first sight in in 2014. Go to 50 yards- bullzeye. Go to 100 yards, bulzeye. This gun is unconsciously accurate. Got to wait till November 15th to let the air out of something to fill the freezer.
I firmly believe you can spend what ever amount you want, and at the range, my Savage 220 will be handing the second place trophy to the competition. The Nikon slug hunter scope with ballistic reticle is also dammmm hard to beat. Only 3 more weeks.....only 3 more weeks.......only 3 more weeks......

My cousins friend must have that same 220 package, his has the Nikon scope also. That thing is just freaky accurate. Chris brought his to camp new in box, got it sighted in and started vaporizing golf balls at 50 yards. Kind of like Gary shooting fly's off sugar cubs with his Ballard at 100 yards, but that's another story.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin