Originally Posted by badger
Originally Posted by kelbro
It distributes the braking force when the bed is loaded down. With the bed off, it could be directing all the fluid to the front brakes. You could try setting some weight on the frame to lower it and see if it bleeds. They do get plugged up from non-use so a junkyard replacement isn't advised. Plan B would be to just bypass it.

Plan B wouldn't be a smart move. Rear wheel lockup with no load isn't quite the ideal situation when braking hard.......................

I'll go and fetch pictures in a few minutes. I was reading about it some on the Toyota nation folks and some seem to say that by passing the unit with a regulating valve is the best way. Lot of folks actually say put the regulating valve inside the cab and I adjust kind of like you adjust a brake controller for electric brakes. Don't know.

She's a $700 truck so I'm sure there's a boatload of things wrong with her. But she runs strong. I'll post pictures in a bit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

All pics...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3sUFcGjC5ATqtwYw7

Last edited by CashisKing; 10/28/20. Reason: Pics added

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.