The people who are not on camera in this industry, but actually make it all possible, refer to the 'in front of the camera' folks as 'the talent'. Never doubt that they are actors, first and foremost with pretensions to intelligence. If you doubt me, watch Martha MacCallum's performance art when she is covering some heartrending story. It's so obvious, first the dewy eyes on the verge of tears, then the little tensing of the vocal cords, the shaky little catch in the breathing, she is one hell of a performer. I don't doubt she is a decent person, but she, and all the others, are in fact actors. I have a friend who was a public info officer for a big law enforcement agency while recovering from a motorcycle wreck, and he claims they are, from the very beginnings of their careers, dramatic actors of great skill and huge ego's. And once you reach the pinnacle of your career, national fame, you are a master of your craft. Believe nothing of what you think you see.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.