I was going through some boxes of books and found a number of old cook books that were my late mothers and grand mothers. These books are printed between 1927 and 1951. They are actually older than me. not by much. As I was going through a couple of the books I found an old favorite one that my mother had marked as "DELICIOUS" and I agree.

Apple pudding

1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
5 medium peeled and cored and chopped apples
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1 cup flour
1 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt

creme butter and salt together add egg, vanilla and mix. Add flour sifted with soda, nnutmeg and salt. Bake in 9x9 pan at 4325-350 for 45 minutes or until done...toothpick method.
cut into squares and severve with sause.

Sause,
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoon flour
1 cup water
1/8 tsp vanilla
1 tsp. butter
1/8 tsp salt dash of nutmeg

Blend flourand sugar. Add water and butter, cook until smooth stiring constantly. remove from heat add vanilla, nutmeg and salt. pour over pudding.

I remember this as a kid, it seems a lot of work to produce but it is well worth it.
The old recipies do not usually have any pre done ingreadiants. they take a while to do. But you simply can not buy food like this in any plastic wrapped container at your local food store. You control the quality, not some bean counter tryig to eek out the maximum profit.

Bullwnkl.

Last edited by Bullwnkl; 07/12/07.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual