A quick version of my hunt......around 9:20am Saturday morning I had a small 8pt buck come from the south, slowly feeding in the pines. A few minutes later something told me to look behind me, sure enough here is another deer and it's a bigger buck. The two bucks are on a collision course! My buck is maybe 40 yards from the other buck and I don't believe they've seen each other yet......my buck paws a scrape three or four times. The 8pt snaps his head up and laid his ears flat back! He advances towards my buck and my buck goes completely on defense; hair stands up on his back, ears FLAT back and his body all stiffed out, like a Battle Royal is going down!

They walk towards each other and when they get about 5-8 yards apart they start to parallel each other and head towards my stand. Neither one would give the other eye contact....

I drew my bow when my buck was about 10 yards and coming straight to me. He turned to my right to face off with the other buck. At full draw I had to lower my bow arm as I have a dead tree in front of my stand that wouldn't allow me to swing to him, then, after that he was very close at about 7-8 yards I think my left eye took over and I saw the pin on him and punched the trigger BEFORE I centered the pin in my peep? I'm sick about that and need professional help. Seriously......

The shot was too far back and low. He ran about 40-50 yards and stood looking back at me. I figured he was going to die a slow death and I may not find him so I better at least try and get another arrow in him. I took a Texas heart shot and heard a loud CRACK. I backed out and felt sick.....

Fast forward 5.5 hours; I get on the track fast, find decent blood, track him 75 yards very fast and find my 2nd arrow. 50 yards later I see him and he sees me, jumps and stumbles 30 yards to a small gully, goes down and can only go half way up before stopping. I was shaking like a leaf and promptly missed him broadside at 30 yards with two arrows and hit him high with a third. He went down and died but it took a bit of time.

I went back to the truck and got my camera and came back and field dressed him. Then I went back to the house and grabbed the four wheeler and got him out but it was a struggle. Weighed him at 205lbs but during the middle of the night while laying in bed I remembered I left the heart and lungs in him! So I'll say he weighed 195lbs to satisfy any questions.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]