Originally Posted by Calvin
Pal, do you have aspergers? Good lord.

Perhaps I am mistaken but, didn't you post this thread to show a photo of a boat you were thinking of buying, presumably to solicit opinions on that particular boat? If, instead, you had bought this boat, and were only seeking compliments on your choice, I may have simply chosen to ignore the thread.

Having been around boats all my life, having owned many boats to 48', having delivered boats from Florida to the Panama Canal and from Washington to Cabo San Lucas, having been in the yacht customizing business for over 40 years, even having lived aboard half my life, and before that having spent my first career in engineering design, surely must qualify me to express an opinion on a published boat photo.

An astute and very experienced client of mine once told me: "Even a rather plain looking woman, if she is careful with her grooming and with her choice of clothing, can be quite presentable. But there is never an excuse for an ugly boat."

Now I am unfamiliar with these Hewes Craft boats. There are none that I know of in my neck of the woods, though I have been on, worked on and owned aluminum boats. So my comment was solely based on the photo you posted. Please don't take it personally that others may not share your opinion.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg