We sometimes live on the St Clair river on Harsens island. The ships pass by very close to our seawall. we can feel and hear the rumbling coming up through the floor shaking enough wake me sometimes when a tug and barge come by at night. The Lakers are so well lit that they light up the whole house at night even with the drapes shut. The river is about 1500-2000 feet wide between our seawall and the Walpole Indian reservation on the Canadian side. The ships usually pass about 250 to 500 feet out. Sometimes they are two wide in that space. Then they'e even closer. The dredged drop off is only about 120 feet out where we are. Its amazing how close they look. Yesterday the old lady of the fleet came by for her first upbound daylight pass aince a rehab this summer. The 1948 built Lee Tragurtha Still cutting a low wake and looking good. I tried to put a picture of her up but its too big. appropriate.

There were a lot of up-bound ships making runs in the good weather the last few days. Chicago has 70 mph gusts winds tonight we were told. Its going to get nasty out on the lakes. But it would take a lot more to cause one to sink these days. For one thing, the Fitz would have ducked in with todays satellite weather forecasting. I don't see proof of some mystery corpse which doesn't belong. As I understood it only 1 body was located unintentionally and he appeared dressed to be a crewman and therefore belonged there. Families got upset so no more pics of deceased crew allowed.