Texas has once again treated us very well so far! 2 down and 2 to go! I’m here with my 15yr old son Bryce. Last night was our first night in and I brought my old CVA Hawkin flintlock shootimg 90gr FFF and a patched roundball. Been wanting to kill a buck with one for a while. Killed lots of does but no bucks so figured this was the place to try. Bryce had his custom 260 shooting 130 Scirocco 2’s. I got the under 50yd shots and he got anything over that. What happened next was just unbelievable. Bryce said dad, “big buck right here!” I took one look and thought “oh lord!” Cocked the hammer and filled the pan and gave a little”meh”. He stopped and I centered the front blade on his heart and pffttt BOOM! Smoke cleared and be ran 40 yds and crashed! I knew he had mass and points but had no clue! 13 points and a rough score of 174-4/8”. That’s with 3-4” broke off a brow and another big beam coming out of his right base. So who knows how big he was!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fast forward to next morning! Bryce was ready to go! About 7:00 I seen 3 does coming and seen tines behind coming through the timber and told him to get ready. Out stepped a 130” 10pt. As he was coming closer I noticed he was wide but had shorter tines(6-7”) and a broken brow. Bryce said he was gonna kill him. I talked him out of shootimg it at the last minute and wow was I happy he did. Just as he flipped the safely back on I looked to the left and seen a deer coming. Just as I raised the binos he lifted his head and I thought “OH GOD!!” I hissed “Bryce kill that deer!!!” He swung over and aimed at the point of the shoulder and “POW”, down he went. I knew he was big but Damn! 22” wide inside!!!! Haven't scored him yet but he gotta be a 140” 8! After a great pic session went back to camp and got them all caped and in the freezer! Back at it again for deer number 3 and 4! Hope u fellas enjoy the pics! These are all wild free ranging Texas Panhandle bucks. No high fences!

Last edited by RTSJ; 11/17/20.