The BL-22 is such a trim rifle that it is easy to overwhelm the little .22 with optics. And that receiver is short. If you're going to scope it, a trim 4x as mentioned would be a good choice, but maybe an older 7/8 tube rimfire scope would be a better fit.

I purchased a new BL-22 this summer. I can't use traditional iron sights well at all, so took a gamble and ordered a Skinner peep sight (he makes one specifically for the BL-22) and the Skinner 0.600" front post, intending to file it down if necessary. If wasn't, I quickly got it sighted in with the 0.600" post without having to raise the peep much at all. I couldn't be happier with the rifle. It is super handy for a walk around the farm, light and slim and easy to carry. And with those sights I can hit just about anything out to as far as I care to shoot, 50 yards or so. At 40 yards, I can make empty 12 gauge shells jump around all day. I am going to order the Skinner sight paint and try first white on the post, then orange, to see which is better in dimmer light. I screwed the insert out of the aperture and am using it as a ghost ring. I did use the insert for sighting in.