Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Those 4.0 straight 6 engines will run forever, so your's seems to be the exception to the norm.

She doesn't have a 4.0L engine.

The engine in her Jeep is the older 4.2L or 258ci engine. The engine either sat too long without being used or the rebuild was bad. I could probably rebuild the motor, just lack the proper tools and more importantly time to do it in my garage.

Originally Posted by RIO7

My 1983 has a 4.0 in line injected 6, 5 speed

Must be a 1993, unless someone did a swap? 1983 would make it a CJ Jeep. The 4.0L common rail Jeep motors didnt exist untill 1988 in the XJ Cherokee and 90 or 91 in the YJ Wrangler. Also anything after 92 would be the 4.0L H.O. motor.

I didn't realize that Jeep used a straight 6 other than the 4.0. I had a 1986 Cherokee with a 2.8 V-6 that was a bad motor. I got it from an USAF guy who was transferred while deployed to Iraq in 1990. He left the title with his buddy and I bought it for $500, a steal even with the crappy motor. I drove it for awhile and then sold it to a local girl as a school car for what I had in it.

Is that 4.2 the AMC engine? Or the older dodge strait six.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.