Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by boatanchor
I have more AR uppers than I care to count but hands down my most accurate wears a White Oak 1-12" barrel shooting 50gr BK's
Put Brownells on hold for awhile and give WOA a call, awesome barrels

I just sold a WOA upper. It was not the most accurate barrel I own. In fact my run of the mill S&W 5R barrel shoots consistently better. Other barrels I have with compass lake chambers shoot even better. Im curious as to how well these 1 in 12 barrels actually shoot. From what ive personally seen at my club, there are just a couple guys that have slow twist rate (1 in 12) 24" long axle shafts on their AR's. These are old AR's termed "varmint" match rifles. They look impressively accurate. So much in fact that at one of our shoots I laid down a hundy and told one of them that their rifle looked like it would outshoot my 20" stainless fluted barreled ar. I told him the hundy was his if he could prove it. That was at one of our anual Turkey shoots. A great opportunity here, for some to post up some real world results on accuracy in the black rifle challenge here. Id like to see it. I dont recall seeing boat anchors targets posted. Also, most of those that shot the challenge were using 1-7 to 1-9 twist barrels. Guys that actually shot that challenge and who are in the top 10, can correct me if im wrong.

BS Kchunter,
The WOA upper you sold was not a 1-12"............I'm not going to Orygun to one of your turkey shoots to take a hundy from you.....I don't need to post my targets to embarrass you.........but you ought to quit acting the dumbfounded Fhuqktard and try being a normal person !!!!!!!!!!

My 1-12" WOA upper shoots better than my bolt rifles..........you don't like it I don't care.
You ever make it to Utah stop by and I'LL take the hundy from you