Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by barm
Hey All,

I am trying to figure out which replacement trigger I want to try in my AR 15. I have a S&W M&P Sport II and the trigger pull is north of 7lb. I would like to get something which would have a pull weigt somewhere between 2 and 3.5 lb. I am not sure if I want a single stage or double stage trigger. I would like the installation to be easy and the trigger reliable. What would you suggest?

That makes it more difficult for us to make suggestions, if you don't know if you want a single stage or 2 stage trigger. My own personal preference goes to the 2 stage, but most of mine are precision built AR's. I know most here are going to suggest the Larue tactical MBT2s, without even questioning your wants and needs. However, For the money, the MBT2s is damn hard to beat. The same can be said for the RRA 2 stage varmint match trigger. The RRA is a 3.5 pound pull weight 2 stage trigger and I have quite a few of them. They are excellent, but some of them have had to have a minor amount of polishing done to them to equal the feel of the Larue MBT2s. It seems like the first stage can be gritty on the RRA, in my own personal experience. Hence the need for a small amount of polishing. For $80.00, its hard to complain about either of these triggers and would be my suggestion if you are on a strict budget. The next step up might be a Geiselle SSA or SSA-E. I also have some buddies that swear by the Geiselle G2S, but I seriously doubt they have tried the $80.00 Larue tactical. They would probably throw their G2S away... Now, you are looking for a very easy trigger to install. Nothing is easier than a drop in unit like the CMC single stage trigger maddog suggested. I have one in one of my AR's and I have no complaints about it at all. The only difference between mine and the one maddog suggested is the one I have has a flat shoe. Something the OP should be aware of is, in general an AR trigger (of any kind) is extremely simple to change out.

I have changed triggers on several bolt actions and I just put a Wild West trigger in my Marlin 1894. I have some mechanical ability, I just wanted something I couldn't make a mistake and end up with something which would be unsafe or something you had to constantly mess with to stay adjusted. I did not want to pick single or two stage until I heard some reasons why people chose one over the other. It's a new platform for me.