We have Eastern Fox Squirrels that some genius imported into CA back in the 1920s. Aside from extincting the native Gray Squirrels in the areas they infest (mainly city parks and suburban gardens--they don't seem to survive in the wildlands), they cause all kinds of damage, from eating insulation off electrical wires to maiming fruit trees and ruining fruits.

I used to live where these guys were native and thought them beautiful and useful (and tasty) animals. Out here they are pure pests and we aren't allowed to kill them in city limits, which is the only place you find them.

Is there an airgun projectile that will hurt them enough to make them stay away from my backyard sniper nest, but not kill them or ricochet off wood and hit my neighbors?

Somebody told me to use "cleaning pellets." Will that work? I can get really close to these guys when they are raiding my garden, and the yard is big enough that I'm sure nobody will notice an air rifle shot. My next-door neighbors would like to be squirrel free as much as I do.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong