Bob I it holds three.. I have had several of these rifles, and loved them all... But someone with $$ loved them more than I.. Great guns.. I had a very accurate load with factory 150 gr. Rem ammo.. You have a fine rifle there.. Wish I had not let go of mine, but at my age I need to sell more than buy, but that is not going to happen.. When I was a kid, one of the very best hunters in my area bought one of these at close out prices.. He was a knowledgeable man on limited means.. He killed a ton of game with it.. In those days I was an 06 man.. But after seeing some of the work Dick did with that H & H made me a believer.. Another of my pals from my youth was an old Camp Perry shooter.. We talked about the caliber one day and I told him O'Connor said it wasn't much better than an 06.. He said well it is better.. He had shot it quite a bit.. so enjoy.. Wish I had mine back.. Keep me posted on how things go for you and this old rifle.. I think I neck size with the Wea. die and loaded with those till I got dies.. Good luck!!

Molon Labe