Hi everyone

I have been reading almost everything about the Sako 85 jam (extraction failure or turret failure).

So I'am going to try to make it short. I am a kind of professional Hunter and shooter. it means I carry a rifle or a handgun from April first to Mid December every single day. in 2012 I went all Sako's. It means I get rid of all my bolt actions from different riflemakers.

at this time I own four Sako's 85. 223, 7mmRMG, 338WMG and a 308 plus a 22. I have been shooting sako's TRG a lot too.

so far those sako's 85 are all 1/4 of MOA accurate with factory loads. I said ALL OF THEM !!!!
at this point my conclusion is for $1500 to $2000 you have a rifle which shoot as well as or better than a $3000 to $7000 custom rifles.

In term of reliability, I rate them at 99%. Not 100% because I have never seen a brand not fail but at this time I have personally never had an issue.

Regards of all the BS some internet experts are saying. this is my experience and the result has been zero jam in 8 years of daily use of sako 85.

1) you buy Sako Optilock MOUNTs matching with your scope dimensions.

2) you set up the sako Optilock mount accordingly to sako' instructions.

3) as any bolt action extraction with a sako claw design you need to open and move the bolt action with some speed !!!!!
IT IS TRUE for any custom rifles with a sako claw !!!!

I mean if you open and move your bolt as slow as possibly like 90 years old man with parkinson' disease well you will maybe experience the turret jam...
but it's because of you.... not of the sako 85.

4) As I am using my 338WMG as professional rifle I replaced 3 weeks ago the claw and extractor of my 338 after 8 years because I started to note a kind of weakness in the ejection (brass where not flying as far as it used to be). So I did just buy a stock sako' extractor and I did buy a spring from GreTan Rifles in colorado. Their springs are way stronger than the stock Sako and you can adjust the pressure by cutting one or 2 coils.
The ejection is stronger than it has ever been. optimization cost $2.

Stop listening internet expert.... enjoy your sako 85.... it is the finest bolt action on the market at this time as well as the sako TRG