Originally Posted by mathman
I haven't, and I wouldn't.

Yeah, a lot of guys think their 308's are 30-06's. I hear it all the time. It's bs, especially when you try stuffing a long heavy pill in the little 308 case.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I like "heavy for cartridge" pills when talking about regular ol C&C pills, but damn a 200gr in a 308win? And in an 18" barrel? For big game out to "300 yards"? No thanks.. When I saw this thread lastnight, I just laughed.. I'm glad you said you wouldn't, because you are a known 308 lover. You obviously know what works. With that being said, will a 200 work in a short barreled 308? Yes, but why? There will be a guy come along and say it's the best thing since sliced bread, he uses it in his 300 black out and it works dammit!!!! Could I get that 250gr pill (pictured above) to work in my 20" 308? Hell yes and I bet I could get it to shoot accurately in my AR10, but again, WHY? In the whole scheme of things, each cartridge has its sweet spot for certain bullet weights and types for big game hunting purposes. Some guys don't know that, I guess. If it were me, I'd run a lighter weight Barnes (130 or 150 max) or a 165 (max) C&C or 150gr controlled expansion (partition for example) in that short barreled 308.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA