I’ve had Gatortrax 1850, 1754, and 1654HD (17.5’) models that would do all you want and more. I’ve had them all out in the bigger part of the TN river where the wind can funnel against the current, and stack 4-footers, 2-4’ apart in a blow, and barge wakes between mountains can throw you up on the bank. I’ve had them inshore saltwater, and never felt unsafe in any sane fishing or hunting weather. They’re fast enough when paired with the right surface drive, can also run an outboard great, FAR better in shallow water, have more room than a conventional ribbed hull, FAR tougher than ribbed designs and won’t hook and slow you down, turn far better than a regular aluminum flat hull, are more stable, generally have better capacity ratings, and are far more customizable. Hunt deck versions keep all your backwash down, and give hunters and dogs easy exits. 1/8” or thicker 5052 throughout means it’s a lifetime boat. CS is second to none, and they’ve got a good dealer network throughout the country. If buying a new big water/shallow hunting aluminum boat, I haven’t seen anything I’d personally pick over them.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 11/28/20.