I've collected more than my share of Remington Model 30 rifles, reflecting their several style change iterations. Some comments, relating. First the Model 1917 action, as sportierized, the 'near perfect' action for the long mag chambering. Itself inherently long. By the time of the Express 30S action, its refinement cycle was about complete and only the "big & heavy" complaint yet standing and largely inherent to the rifle itself. The one of interest here, coming in at over 10 lbs.
I like most of what I can see of the cool customization. The stock is beautiful though I do agree with the above comment that the coloration isn't best. Another thing I hope is just the photo angle or some such. The bolt handle appears to largely obscure the trigger in any ergonomic sense I could contemplate absent perhaps left hand trigger finger use! Weird!
As to stock color, sometimes when I'm illustrating with guns from my photo files, I modify images to best reflect such as nomenclature. That sort of result seeming like mine. But, to presume the color rendition is inaccurate... Not! Looking bland.
The Model 30 action by the time of this last sub-model iteration was cock on opening. That 'should be "factory", but for any alterations perhaps required by safety modification. Ironically, the Model '17 safety was 'pretty durn good'! The Model 30 ejector box was bit more streamlined. Unsure why to have returned to the exact 98 style since both functioning the same! Biggest changes are first, the receiver itself. The Model 30 with clip guides. Dispensed as the bridge area cut back as appropriate for comfortable loading/accommodating the longer 416 Rigby rounds. The bolt "dog leg" handle gone and bottom metal replaced; reference above comment qualifying approval. I do believe the custom "deep magazine box" style is classic express rifle and a large plus. The original metal was strictly 17 Enfield/Model 30 configuration with "straightened" front guard screw area. Nothing wrong with that, but not "custom express rifle" considerably more 'svelte'! IN addition, all the internal large mag 'accommodation' changes of course.

My biggest problem in evaluating the rifle is the lack of pix. I'd want a plethora including full R&L "center-fold" shots as well as such as the cheekpiece which to me sets something of the rifle 'theme'. I prefer the rounded, shadow European style. I see a lot of quality here, along with questions and 'potentially' deal killer bolt handle. Perhaps a few beers & it'd look fine! smile
The rifle dates to 1940 and end of production as the Model 720 intro'd that year. Some relevant quik pix of an original (but for rear sight base) model 30S Express.
Best & stay safe!
John

Attached Images
R74-5U.jpg (24.96 KB, 311 downloads)
R74-6.jpg (28.42 KB, 317 downloads)
R74-15U.jpg (35.77 KB, 311 downloads)
R74-17.jpg (11.92 KB, 301 downloads)