Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by CashisKing
About 7-8 years ago before I retired I was driving to work one day and notice two Ford F-250 pickup trucks at a stoplight... the first pickup truck was newer and driven by a white man alone in his truck. My guess he was in his late thirties or early forties and was a general contractor from the ladder rack and tool boxes on his truck.

Behind him was a much older Ford F-250. There were seven or eight Hispanic guys packed into the truck. Maybe a dozen ladders on the roof rack and a truck bed was packed to the gills with miscellaneous Construction equipment and materials.

The white guy was heading out to do a job I assume. Whether he was a roof inspector or going to service an HVAC unit... I do not know. Regardless, he was headed out for the day to accomplish x amount of work. And receive x amount of pay.

The seven or eight Hispanic guys we're also headed out to work. Obviously seven or eight people will accomplish more work than one guy. Whether these guys were legal or not legal. Whether these guys were being paid cash under the table or were paying properr taxes. I do not know. I do suspect they had a bunch of wives and sisters and a whole bunch of kids all packed into a big house somewhere living extremely efficiently.

Regardless, truck number 2 will always survive and thrive.

Truck number 2 are the cockroaches of the world... and by that I don't necessarily mean offense to the Hispanic guys riding in truck number 2. The Cockroach will always survive. It is what cockroaches do. Cockroaches and third world people are willing to live on anyting and there really is no standard that is beneath them... be it pay, filthy work or whatever third world standards they know as typical and normal.

I thought to myself that I was just like the guy in truck number one and I wished the guy well as I drove away.
I would have suspected that truck #2 was the crew for Mr. truck #1.

Truck number one went ahead at the light and truck number to turn right. They were not connected.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.