I'm in the hills in SE Indiana, just north of the OH river/outside of Cincinnati OH, corners of IN/OH/KY. I grew up close to Patoka Lake, was there as a kid prior to them building it, was able to go through all of the old sites prior to them flooding it, have a lot of fishing time on that lake!. I was also at Lake Monroe about 1 1/2 months ago, wore out the wipers!

Unfortunately I have been fighting the rabbit population here, too many predators! If it's not the hawks/falcons, it's the coyote's/fox (have active management program for the coyotes), it's the mink and weasels. Seems when I make gains, the predators start their feast to include several bald eagles that have worn out my poultry/harass the wild turkeys. DNR stated to cut down the old/large trees the hawks/falcons use as hunting perch, asked him if they would simply move to another, he shrugged... Also stated to try not to have clearings/fence lines in a straight line... A lot of their management practices are geared towards gentleman farmers/recreational land owners however a lot of it is outstanding. Other than shelter and salt, getting rid of invasive fescue (not much nutrition for them and they get tangled/stuck in it when running from predators) and seeding with plants that is rabbit friendly is some of the best practices. I have not had a good beagle for quite a few years, may be time to start looking...

Good chasing!

Last edited by Millerish; 12/05/20. Reason: clarity