So I decided with the recent sales I’d treat myself and upgrade the factory trigger on my REM R15 223. I found a Timney Impact AR 3 pound trigger on sale so I bought it. I’m not an AR aficionado but the swap out was surprisingly easy. I installed it and checked the pull weight. 4lbs. Hmm. Checked it a few more times. 4 lbs. Weird. Checked the box it came in and right on the front it says 3 pounds. Checked it a couple more times with the scale. 4 pounds. So I took a photo and short video and emailed them asking if there was a mistake with packaging or if I could return it to get it reworked or replaced with a 3 pound pull. Here was their response.

The Impact is advertised as 3-4lb trigger and is not set at an exact pull weight because the weight is set by polish and lap rather than a spring and screw. Some Impacts are 3.5 and others come out at 4.”

I sent them back an email thanking them for their response and my understanding that this was not a competition grade trigger and that my cheap-o wheeler pull scale could even be off a bit. But a 1 pound error in a 3 pound pull is off by 33%. Further I copied the following directly from their website.

Timney's engineers figured out a way to machine the parts from billet steel (no skimping with metal injection molding or stamped, old-school parts), assemble the triggers, and still hand-test this trigger by our trigger technicians at a price that you asked for - $149.99
The Impact will give you a crisp, clean, 3 pound break and will drop in to all Mil-Spec AR’s.”

I once again asked if there was a way to get a trigger with the advertised pull weight. I have not yet received a response.

Now, there is no doubt that this is an upgrade to what I had and at a reasonable price. In fact, had it been advertised as a 4 pound pull I might still have bought it. But when it says right on the box and website 3 pounds, then that is what I expect to get for my purchase, or at least something relatively close.

Again. Again. Again. -H. Brooks.