It says 24/47 on the breech end of the receiver. Lower and back towards the middle of the receiver it says a slovenian word in CZ like block letters and right beside that it says VZ 24. It doesnt have a barrel yet? I'm about to screw a lothar walther 7x57 mm in it as soon as the GA mail runs. I took the barrel on a partial trade from a member here. I will prolly shoot it a bit to see how the combo does, if it's good, then it gets the walnut stock.

As a side note...I've got a 1916 Oberndorf that I'm shooting now in a modified war stock. It has the military barrel chamber 8mm the only modification I've seen is the action is jet black, it may have been painted. All of the stamping and lettering is there and has been outlined with white. Not hard to see the stampings. This is a weekly shooter for me with the military iron sights which are very good I might add....it has never been drilled for scope mounts..do you fellows know the true value of this barreled action, and will it reduce the value by drilling and tapping for scope mounts. It shoots so good, I'd about like to see what it does with a trigger, safety, and sight upgrade. Be easier to decide about custom barrel? Is there a decent no drill scope mount. I'm having fun these days with the old stuff but I have just limited knowledge..

Thanks
Mongrel

Last edited by Mongrel; 12/08/20.