Originally Posted by ringworm
Originally Posted by slumlord
I got the milwaukee 9.something jacket.

Mehhh

It would probably roast anyone else, but its so-so for me sitting idle in a deer stand.

Got one for Christmas one year. Battery is I'll placed for sitting and on high runs out in 2+ hours leaving you with a non isulated garment.

Exactamundo!!!

That batt sits right about in the kidney. I have webbing seats in my deer stands so it’s not too much of a pain.

But a big YES on the garment serving almost no benefit after the batts run done. I was actually going through all of these ponderings the other day. It’s a damned if you do, damned if you dont scenario.

I dress underneath in a couple of long-johns and a cotton t-sirt. Three layers. I have to be warm when the batts play out, BUT milwaukee recommends the jacket be close to the skin. Too many layers and the atmosphere gets the benefit of the heat instead of you.

Well, if I wear one thin layer to get the most out of the jacket, in 90 mins or so the batt is dying and youre up chit creek with heavy ass jacket that has no down or fill in it.

Sometimes I think I’d be better off with just my arctic shield jacket and my three layers.

I do pack in 2, sometimes 3 batteries. But its been a mild season.

I think if I was Backhoe Joe or Forklift Fred, the jacket might be ok. Or some custom house builder doofus only stepping outta his Silverado for 45 minutes with Slim Jim meat stick pointing out a punch list with his mexicans, it would suit that purpose well.