The suppressor shouldn't break using any of the approved calibers. They put thousands of rounds through these and should never show signs of fatigue. It is a very high potential of liability if not tested to industry standards. I don't make suppressors so have no idea what the testing is like.

Having the threads aligned with the muzzle opening is a very small part of the story. I have no clue what was done or not done here. If you are not there to see it being done the only way to verify the alignment to the last 2" of barrel bore is to have the all the equipment to do the job or send it to someone who is equipped and is very familiar with the curves inside the barrels and will not compromise the findings with terms like close enough. It is no 10 minute job. An hour would be pretty fast.

So many people threading barrels and doing barrel work just put the barrel between centers or align the center of each end at the same time and either hit the start button or just thread away. The important part is to line up the path of bore accounting for the internal curve that is present in every barrel. It takes a lot more time but if not done it makes incidents like this much more possible. This is also part of why the holes through a production brakes and suppressors are much bigger than the bullet diameter.

The whole procedure is exactly the same sort of alignment when initially fitting and chambering a barrel. On a suppressor it needs the same level of alignment as fitting a custom brake or a precision crown. The last 2" need to be perfectly aligned with the threads and seating surfaces. On the chamber end you pick up where the bullet engages to throat and 2" forward of that.

If everything check out is there any possibility a part of a patch could have been hiding down in the baffles somewhere?

It's getting late and getting a little rummy. I hope this made sense.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO