Thanks for a great Thread with greater message!!! Blued steel & wood +++++1! smile

My stable pointedly reaching back into the interwar years with due representation from Winchester Model 54 and Remington Model 30 rifles! Honest, simple heavy duty guns. Due consideration & mention of the Remington pump series Models 14 & 141; the several fine lever guns as Savage & Marlins reflected above; of course the Winchesters! I could too easily start waxing nostalgic about S&W and Colts as well! For me, the 'sweet spot' in guns, the Twentieth Century with the high point perhaps fifties to early sixties! Such as myself 'coming of age' in USAF!

I can appreciate the 'new stuff' attraction and more power to those, many of whom more focused on 'techie' elements; "specs" absolute focus as a generational phenomenon. Myself, specs important; but the means rather than the end! Ultimately, as owning a classic car, appreciating the 'object' for itself, enjoying 'gettin' down the road. Smelling the roses... and the gun oil!

Guns nowadays trying to compete in an ever "new & improved" mindset market, requiring ever increasing hype & gismos where logic doesn't always follow. The 'quick fix' techie gadget assist for deferred acquiring attainable skills... Not the answer!

Just my take
Best! Happy Holidays & Keep Safe!
John