Some have asked about the Meopta. It is a very good scope, but if you can find the Kahles or Swaro, go that route. I like the Kahles the best for optics with the S&B close on its heels, but the S&B (klassic I think) is heavy. I don’t have a PMII but if anyone wants to trade, I am gun rich and cash poor right now. The Meopta is the best readily available scope there is IMO, now that we’re back on topic.

For the price, the Leupold 6x36 or SWFA are really good too. I really enjoy the AO of the SWFA and the reticle for squirrels hunting. I doubt SWFA had that in mind but the combo is very effective. Tube length on the Leupold is the best I have found for a scope that doesn’t have a straight tube.

If you have a gun that kicks like a mule and want to add some weight, the IOR and Kaps are your huckleberry. The IOR is tank with good optics. The Kaps has better glass at less weight.

Once you get into the Weaver, Burris, Nikon, Sightron realm, they all work fine but once you play with the higher end stuff you will likely stay with those. I do like these on brush style guns. With longer eye relief, a fixed on a slug gun or 45/70 or 444 just work very well.

Micky

“Lighten up Francis”