I started my 25-year subscription to Guns & Ammo in January 1982, and Bob was always one of my favorite writers. Was sorry to see Bob pass on in 1993 at the young age of 59. I read and re-read his stories dozens--maybe hundreds--of times when I was young. Always wanted a Remington XP100 but the fad passed before I could afford one.

That magazine was loaded with talent in those days, at least compared to today. As far as I know, Jan Libourel is retired but still alive, and then there is Jon Sundra, Craig Boddington, Mike Venturino, Phil Spangenberger, Rick Hacker, Garry James and Ross Seyfried. G&A writers that I can remember from that era that have passed on include, of course, Bob Milek, Elmer Keith, John Wooters, Dave Hetzler, and Robert Shimek. There are probably others I know well, especially if I include sister publications Peterson's Hunting and Handguns, but presently escape my 50-year-old memory.

For those who might be interested, I found the obituary of Bob's wife Dorothy, who passed in 2018.

https://www.thermopir.com/story/2018/12/06/obituaries/dorothy-grace-milek/7093.html