I always loved the concept of the TCRs. But I always hated how they feel. And the DST and/or extra safeties were real deal breakers!

I always REALLY loved the concept of the Contender Carbines. But I always hated the way they look. But I always liked the way they feel, when they have an actual carbine length barrel (my friend has a 26" custom .223 with the ergonomics of a posthole digger....).

After much fuddling around, including a period of trying to get to like Contender pistols with almost-carbine barrels ("Super 14," etc.). they came out with the G2, which was about as good as the concept was going to get. So I got one. Then I got another. Then I got an MGM 28 VR barrel to go with my .357 Max "Super 16" carbine. Then I got an MGM .410 VR barrel to go with my MGM "match grade" "Super 16" .22 LR. Now I'm wondering what caliber(s) to get next....

It IS fun being a loonie!

And you CAN kill upland birds with that 28 barrel, if you can find one--done California quail, blue grouse, and chukars. The .410 I keep on the gun and loaded with Winchester 000 buckshot loads for "things that go bump in the night". And cottontails with birdshot.

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong