I bought a MPI a few years back off of the Fire, not from MPI so I don't know if it was a basic stock or pre fitted at MPI. but it was a drop in for a Kimber CFlassic. It was a nice stock. I've been buying McMillians with edge fill, but they kept creeping up in weight. The first one I bought when they came out with the Edge fill was 24 oz the last one was 29 oz. Thinking about a Wildcat stock for my Mod 70 FWT , but it is a pain to do all the import paper work for the government. BTW the Banser is a very nice stock, really like it on my Model 70 once I got it fitted up. Light and fits me well. If the new Banser stocks have better inletting I'd buy one, but got to see it to believe it. I've got an old 700 that I really like and has very nice wood, so didn't want to beat the hell out of it riding around in my truck and SXS, so I put it in one of the newer factory BDL tupperware stocks. I floated the barrel and bedded the lug, shoots as good as it ever did which is pretty damn good. The newer Remington stocks are pretty stiff and weigh 25 Oz. Got mine for $35 on E Bay.