Seriously, after chasing mule deer here for a couple of weeks during prime time, it appears the 4.5" of rain this year put a damper on the big buck production. I was talking to my AZ buddy about this and he says much the same, an extimated 10% antler growth decline and I'd agree.

Anyway, it never ceases to be fun. I helped my buddy stalk and kill this nice buck at 248 yds with a .280 and nosler partition bullets, topped with a Leupy VX3 (egads!)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A few days later we found this buck pushing some does around about 3/4 of a mile away. We were in an area of low brushy draws, little elevation, but we saw the direction they were headed and were able to "cut them off" so to speak. Made the 398 yd shot sitting off of sticks with the T3X, 139 Scenars, and a 4-18x LRHSi. Love the combo, and the scenars I've used so far have been serious performers.......bullet sized hole in and quarter size exit.....perfect. I've got another tag and my son is coming to town. Hopefully we can find one of the big 'uns.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.