I picked up a Ruger Predator in 6.5CM recently for Mrs. Redhill and took it out to sight it in.

I was impressed with the initial group size which ran from .75 to 1.2" with my reloads for it. However I noticed that on one side of the stock near the end of the forearm, the stock is almost touching the barrel. The barrel is supposed to be free floated, which it currently is, but not by much.

My fear is that if the rifle is fitted with a bipod or placed on a rock/tree limb to stabilize it the weight of doing that will cause the stock to touch the barrel and out goes the accuracy. I'm heading out to test out the theory after shooting it off a simple rest and will use shooting bags and a bipod this time to see if the fears are real.

I was surprised to find the accuracy that good from the start and hopefully it will continue when the stock has some pressure on it.

Possible solutions are (1) Heat the stock and try to bend it back by hand (2) Trim off the offending portion of the forearm to get the clearance needed

Any Suggestions are welcomed.