I have a Tikka T3X Lite chambered for .270 WSM - based on Nosler data it looked like Magpro could get me to 3200 fps with a 140 grain Accubond. I ordered a Leupold CDS dial for that combo. I had heard that Tikka T3s in .270 WSM ran somewhat slow, and that seems to be the case with mine. A Hornady factory 130 grain that claims 3240 fps clocked only 3039 in my rifle. I'm using Norma brass instead of Winchester used in the Nosler data, and a Fed 215 primer. Nosler showed a max load of 69.5 grains but that only got me 3128 in my rifle vs 3237 listed by Nosler. 70.5 got me to 3180. 71.5 hit 3228 with only 4 fps ES for 3 shots (I'll shoot more next time I go to the range). I had some 72.0 grain loads and they were only slightly faster at about 3240 and a lot more spread (15 fps for 3 shots). Oddly bolt lift seemed easier at 72 grains than at 71.5. None of the cases showed more than very slight ejector marks, primers weren't excessively flat or cratered, bolt lift seems maybe just a little bit heavier than with factory ammo. I would call the 71.5 grain load maximum for my rifle. I'm at about .020 off the lands. 2 full grains more than the Nosler data, and I don't know what the case capacity differences are between Norma and Winchester. I suspect Norma is a little thicker but again I don't really know. Temp was about 40 degrees at the range today. Anyone think I'm pushing too hard to get the velocity I want? Accuracy seems pretty good with the 71.5 grain load.

Last edited by fortymile; 01/01/21. Reason: decimal in wrong place