Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Alright, lets have it. Show me your best SHTF rifle and tell me why you think its the best. There's always a lot of talk about these rifles and how they never fail. My rifles dont fail me either, but some here think they are only good off the bench. This bs coming from the guys that have never had to shoot against me. ha ha.. This can be a fun thread. Lets see what you got. I'm thinking one of my favorites is my Northtech defense. It shoots everything accurately. Yeah, I know it has a 20" barrel, but it gets the job done. Just for chidts and giggles:

Less than 8 seconds on target downrange in preparation for one of my AR shoots. Yeah, the bigshots from Portland and Vancouver got their chidt stomped that day. Just sayin whistle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This rifle is fast and smooth and has never had a hiccup. Not one in over 3,000+ rounds downrange with it. It likes just about every kind of ammo I've tried in it. It isn't finicky... Excellent for chidt hitting the fan scenarios, if you will...

Same rifle in the Carl Ross positional match. Its the High score rifle in that event, where guys like Formid also shot..

I like the idea of an AR10 for a SHTF rifle, but it just doesn't send rounds downrange as fast as the .223/556 does:
Its accurate enough and would make a hell of a good longrange SHTF rifle, but for up close and personal, I'd take my lighter ar15 over the AR10. Don't be bashful, post yours up. This isn't about shooting 10 shot groups, but if you can put them all in the x ring in under 8 seconds, I'll give you bonus points...

Tell me, how good is your grouping when someone is shooting back at you with a surplus 303 British?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.