I think the closer we get to Inauguration Day the more squirrely people will get. Panic is rampant in the gun world. I was at an auction yesterday of primarily reloading components and ammo. (Not that I particularly needed anything but there wasn't much else to do.) I came home after having bought one item, a NOS Lyman 55 powder measure, not because I needed one but because I got it for $24. Powder and primers were fetching minimum twice retail (for old questionable quality stuff) to three, four, and five times retail (for new stuff). Bullets, at least twice retail. Ditto brass. Don't even get me started on ammo - .22 rimfire fetched $100 minimum per brick, shotshells that should've cost $5-6/box were going for $15 on average, and M2 Ball ammo that I sort of had an eye on as a "strategic reserve" for my M1 Garand fetched around $1.50 a round all day. Crazy.

I talked to an employee of the auction and he said they've enjoyed record breaking profits for their gun auctions ever since the pandemic fueled the political fires.

We stuck it out until early afternoon and left and had lunch and a few beers which was way more fun than watching a room full of redneck preppers doing a lot of panic buying.

Now's the time to sell, fellas, if that's your intent. I think I shall be posting a few Savages in the very near future.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty