Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Dutch
Tractor supply, Cal Ranch, Bomgaars and IFA, in reverse order of preference. The first three have become way laid into yuppie 3 acre ranchlet supply stores.

We don't have any of the weekend warrior type hobby farm stores around here.
Iguess the hardware store carries some 'ag' stuff. Buy little stuff like electric fence chargers from them.
We get all of our vaccine, back pour, salt, mineral, stock tanks, bulk feed, etc., from a local co-op elevator.
Young guy is the manager and he is really good. Get back close to $5k(?) in dividends.
He even helps us find things they don't sell. Hauled up a load of 60 continuous fence panels for us from a wholesaler. Just priced out a pallet of steel T-posts on Friday.

We use to have a coop about 20 miles from me. Some young guy bought them out and never paid his bills so it was foreclosed.Now the closest Coop is 75miles away. A good implement / tractor dealer is about 60 miles. Since I retired and don't need big volumes or heavy use stuff, I guess I have become one of those weekend warriors too. Big R or Tractor Supply is 12 miles away.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles