Ky221:

With a little post processing small items, like fence wire, the white top of a steel post etc can be cleaned up or eliminated. One of the great steps forward with digital photography. Don't believe anything you see. Will try to dig up a couple examples, and put them up.

Edited:

Found a couple, and they were cleaned up with the Canon software that came with Cookie's camera. Adobe Photoshop, Topaz, Microsoft's Paint, and whatever the photo software that comes with Win 10 are fully capable. Likely, Nikon furnishes similar software with their units as well.

Not the best examples here but the only ones handy at the moment on this unit. Vultures tend to share a common roost and those on the lower branches get pooped on
This one was perched a little lower on the totem pole
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

With near any post-processing software, a little soap and water, and 5 minutes, one can copy small bits of the image and paste them over the offending areas to yield a clean vulture. One tries to copy immediately adjacent areas that have the same color or grain pattern.
Without the original, it would take a very sharp eye to detect the massaging.

This bison's face was peppered with all manner of burs and seeds.

Much more attractive if cleaned up, and again, few if any would ever know.

Don't have the dirty version available, but this elk was walking beside a woven wire fence on Montana's Bison Range. Should have taken the flies off his back as well.

Offending man made objects are another of those issues with wildlife. If one is not in panic mode they may be eliminated on site by changing positions. If not possible, nail them anyway and paste a tree or something in with post processing. Even a lot of simple landscape shots are ruined by things like power lines or an offending rig or person in the image. The fox would be an easy clean up by just pasting in bits of matching background vegetation over the wire. Twigs, like those in front of the cardinal and flycatcher (?) would be tougher deals.

The lady has talent, so keep her at it.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/05/21.

1Minute